"The Civil Rights Movement of this decade is Mental Health Care quality and equality."
-- Updated May 1, 2004 --
[ Activist Home ]
[ DearShrink.com ] [ Adult Attention Deficit Disorder ]
[ What's New ]
The mission of this page is to provide an alphabetical index of pages at MentalHealthActivist.org.
What's New at MentalHealthActivist.org?
Please go to our What's New? Page to get notices about the latest updates to MentalHealthActivist.org.
Do you Want to Search the Contents of MentalHealthActivist.org?
Please go to our Search Page to access a search engine that can search the contents of all of Dr. Sterling's affiliated Web sites, MentalHealthActivist.org, SeniorMentalHealth.org, and DearShrink.com.
Below, please find an alphabetical index by subject matter of pages posted at The Mental Health Activist.
Thank You for Stopping By!
- Advance Directives -- Get information and links to resources about mental health and other types of advance directives. Advance directives for mental health care became law in Washington State in 2003.
- Advocates and Activists -- Our Hot Advocates page has all kinds of information about individuals and organizations known to be strong advocates for mental health parity, mental health care, and substance abuse treatment. We have also included links to psychiatric survivor organizations and civil rights advocates.
- Age of Consent for Mental Health Care -- Age of consent for mental health and substance abuse treatment is a hot issue across the United States. Many states have and several states are still attempting to raise the age for legal consent for treatment to age 16.
- Alcohol Awareness Month -- April each year is Alcohol Awareness Month.
- Anti-Stigma Information -- Links to information, resources and organizations to help you understand mental health and substance abuse stigma, why it exists and what you can do about it.
- Budget Information -- Links and resources for understanding federal, Washington State, King County, and City of Seattle budgets with special emphasis on mental health and substance abuse treatment budgets.
- Commitment -- Outpatient -- A subsection of the Hot Advocates page contains information on assisted outpatient treatment (court-ordered outpatient care, including court-ordered medication).
- Confidentiality and Privacy News -- News and links to resources about medical confidentiality and health care privacy issues.
- DearShrink.com -- Dr. Sterling's main Internet Mental Health information Web site. Full of information from dating advice to information about senior mental health to media, drug, and psychiatry watches.
- Death Penalty News -- News updates and links to death penalty information Web sites.
- Donations Page -- You can make donations to the help support the mission of MentalHealthActivist.org.
- Drug Cost News -- Get news, links, and resources for keeping up to date on the latest news about reducing medication costs. Also, find information on how to get assistance for your medication expenses.
- Drug Policy Projects -- Links and resources for understanding the King County Bar Association's Drug Policy Project and other programs which promote harm reduction public policy instead of mandatory incarcerations and other overly-punitive laws.
- Fund Raising News -- Find information about some upcoming fundraising events and learn how to get involved in fund raising for mental health and substance abuse concerns.
- Health Insurance News -- Links to information and resources for understanding the concept of a consolidated or unified method for financing health care for everyone in the United States or just in Washington State.
- Health Maintenance Organization News -- Links to news and resources for understanding health maintenance organizations.
- Home Page -- The main page of MentalHealthActivist.org.
- Homeless News -- Links to news and resources about homelessness.
- Illegal Drugs -- Links to news and information about harm reduction policy and the King County Bar Association Drug Policy Project.
- Inpatient Commitment -- A subsection of the Hot Advocates page contains information about several state initiatives concerning court-ordered outpatient treatment.
- Insurance Reform News -- Our tort reform page contains links to news and resources about insurance and tort reform. You really can't have one without the other (unless you want to hurt consumers).
- Issues Page -- Links to news and resources about current hot mental health and substance abuse issues, such as jail diversion, budget cutting, and mental health parity.
- Jail Diversion -- Links to news and information about jail diversion policies which includes specialized Drug and Mental Health Courts.
- King County Government -- Links to news and resources about King County, Washington, government, including links to the King County Council and the Executive's Office.
- Main Page -- The home page of MentalHealthActivist.org.
- Medicare News -- Links to information and resources about medicare and medicaid policy initiatives and concerns.
- Medication Cost News -- Links to articles, resources and information about cutting the costs of medications.
- Mental Health Month -- May of each year is National Mental Health Month.
- Mental Health Parity -- Links to articles, news, information and resources for understanding and advocating for equal insurance coverage and equal access for mental health care.
- Mental Health Runs and Walks -- Links to mental health fundraising runs and walks. This site also spotlights Seattle area runs and walks.
- Message Boards -- Join message boards about specific mental health advocacy efforts.
- Mission Statement -- The mission statement of MentalHealthActivist.org.
- New -- What's New? -- The What's New page gives information about the latest upgrades and updates at the Mental Health Activist.
- News -- Local -- Links to recent Seattle-area news and newsletters about general health, mental health, substance abuse and governmental agencies.
- News -- National -- Links to selected recent national news about general health, mental health and substance abuse.
- Outpatient Commitment -- A subsection of the Hot Advocates page is devoted to issues related to court-ordered outpatient mental health treatment.
- Parity - Mental Health -- Links to information and resources for understanding mental health parity.
- Pharmaceutical Industry -- Our Cut Medication Costs page has links to pharmaceutical industry Web pages.
- Privacy News -- Links to information and news about health care privacy issues and concerns.
- Rally News -- Articles, reports, photographs and links to news about recent social and human services rallies in Washington State.
- Rants and Raves -- The Mental Health Soapbox is a page on which you can get your articles and opinions related to mental health or substance abuse treatment published. Have an opinion you want to get published? Check this WEb page to find out how to get it posted at MentalHealthActivist.org.
- Recovery News -- Links to information and resources for understanding the concept of recovery in mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Search Page -- Search all of Dr. Sterling's affiliated Web sites, including SeniorMentalHealth.org, DearShrink.com, and MentalHealthActivist.org.
- Seattle City Government -- Links to the Seattle City Council and the Mayor's office.
- Site Index -- Where you are right now.
- Soapboax -- The Mental Health Soapbox is a page on which you can get your articles and opinions related to mental health or substance abuse treatment published. Have an opinion you want to get published? Check this WEb page to find out how to get it posted at MentalHealthActivist.org.
- Stigma News -- Links to information, resources and organizations to help you understand mental health and substance abuse stigma, why it exists and what you can do about it.
- Support Groups -- Links to support groups throughout Washington State and the United States.
- Tort Reform News -- Links to information and resources for understanding tort reform and insurance reform.
- U.S. Congress -- Links to the United States Congress.
- U.S. Departments -- Links to departments within the federal government of the United States.
- U.S. President -- Links to Web sites associated with the White House and the President.
- Universal Health Insurance News -- Links to information and resources for understanding the concept of a consolidated or unified method for financing health care for everyone in the United States or just in Washington State.
- Volunteer Opportunities -- Links to information and resources for learning about volunteering and finding volunteer opportunities in Washington State.
- Best wishes, Ron Sterling M.D. (Seattle, Washington, USA)
[ Hot News ]
[ Hot Dates ]
[ Hot Sites ]
[ Hot Issues ]
[ Hot Advocates ]
[ Government ]
[ Mental Health Task Force ]
[ Soapbox ]
[ Recovery ]
[ Volunteer ]
[ Site Index ]
[ Links ]
[ Donations ]
RON STERLING, M.D.
Copyright 2000-2007. Ron Sterling, M.D.
All Rights Reserved.