E-Mail Options and Reminders
What Method Should You Use to E-Mail Dr. Sterling?
Dr. Sterling Does Not Provide Emergency Services.
- Please call 911 if you think you need emergency medical attention.
Do not hesitate.
- Another source for mental health crisis assistance in Seattle, Washington, is the Crisis Hotline at 866-427-4747. The Seattle Crisis Clinic also has a Crisis Clinic Web page.
- If you are having serious suicidal or homicidal thoughts, you need help immediately. Get off the computer and get on the phone.
- You can call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) from anywhere in the United States for help.
Things to Remember When E-Mailing Questions to Dr. Sterling.
You may e-mail questions to Dr. Sterling about his psychiatry and counseling services or about setting up appointment times. Such appointment-related e-mail and questions will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and he will answer them promptly.
E-Mail from Shared Hardware, Work Sites or via Wireless Connections?
However, please keep in mind that if you are e-mailing general questions about health care which are not related to setting up an appointment with Dr. Sterling or if you have not purchased a service from him through his dearshrink.com/caringtherapy.htm Web site, he cannot guarantee a personal response.
All e-mail sent to Dr. Sterling is read only by Dr. Sterling and all e-mail is treated with the utmost confidentiality and respect.
Thank you for thinking about contacting Dr. Sterling! Before you e-mail him, please consider the following privacy concerns.
- If you are not utilizing a wireless modem or connection, or you are not e-mailing from a work site, or using shared hardware or software, or if you have no privacy concerns about your e-mail to Dr. Sterling, you may consider writing to him by simply .
- If you are using a wireless modem or network, please keep in mind that unless you have clearly made provisions to secure such connections, you can assume you have no privacy when using them.
If You Have E-Mail Privacy Concerns, Please Continue Reading.
Dr. Sterling does not want to slow you down or discourage your communication, but he would like you to consider the following items:
Only Dr. Sterling is Authorized to Read E-Mail.
- Some employers may have policies prohibiting personal use of their computer hardware and/or software.
- If you are not breaking a workplace policy by e-mailing Dr. Sterling and your communication to him will not contain sensitive personal information about yourself or any other person, you may consider writing by simply .
- Employers essentially own all communications that reside on their hardware. Thus, any e-mail you send from your employer's e-mail address can be assumed to be non-confidential.
- Significant others and children may have access to your communications if you share hardware and software.
- Wireless modems and networks are particularly vulnerable to hacking. Unless you have made specific security measures, you can assume you have no wireless privacy.
Do You Wish to Establish a More Secure E-Mail Address?
- If you wish to establish a more secure method for e-mailing Dr. Sterling, please consider creating a more "independent" e-mail address at some other site than on home or work shared networks or hardware.
- If you desire to purchase e-mail, online chat or telephone consultation services from Dr. Sterling (see the Online Counseling Page), he highly recommends that you use or establish an "independent," secure, e-mail address that you would be comfortable with for the purpose of sending and receiving confidential information.
- You can establish free, "independent," e-mail addresses just about anywhere these days --
Yahoo.com, MSN.com, About.com, and ZipLip.com.
Thank You for Your Interest and for Stopping By!
[ Home ] [ What's New ] [
Site Index ] [ Mission ]
[ Services ]
[ Dr. Sterling's Biography ]
[ Map and Directions to Office ] [ Forms ] [ Photographs ] [ Contact Us ]
[ Links to Other Dr. Sterling Sites ] [ Links to Offsite Resources ]
General Psychiatry with Specialization in Adult Attention Deficit Disorder
Adult, Adolescent, Relationship and Family Therapy
12356 Northup Way, Suite 100
Bellevue, Washington 98005
-- 2 miles northeast of Overlake Hospital Medical Center --
Send E-mail to Dr. Sterling
Copyright 2000-2007. Ron Sterling, M.D. All Rights Reserved.