Short-Term E-Mail Services
HOW TO PREPARE FOR AND PURCHASE E-MAILED HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
FROM DR. STERLING
-- June 18, 2016 --
You Must Refresh Your View.
Because there is no automatic method that absolutely guarantees that you will receive the very latest version of this E-Mail Services Order page, you must Refresh Your View. If you are using MS® Explorer, click on the View Menu, then click on Refresh.
Would You Like to Chat With Dr. Sterling Right Now?
If you have not yet purchased a service from Dr. Sterling and you would like to chat with him briefly by telephone to talk about his services, please feel free to call him at 206-784-7842.
What E-Mail Services Are Available?
Two E-mail Information and Consultation Services Are Available. The services available on this page are for making a single or short-term series of contacts with Dr. Sterling concerning mental health, social or relationship questions.
If you are already very certain that you wish to enter into ongoing work by e-mail or telephone, please keep in mind that Dr. Sterling can only provide such ongoing counseling to residents of or visitors within the State of Washington. Otherwise, general information and specific answers to mental health questions can be purchased by any person older than 18 who can read and write in English.
- Short E-Mail Consultation (15-20 minutes - $60.00). You may ask any question(s) about mental health care which may include general questions about mental wellness, illness, disorders, medications, and theories, or you can ask more specific questions about symptoms or relationship or social problems that you are experiencing.
- If the questions you ask Dr. Sterling are too complex for a 20-minute answer, Dr. Sterling will answer as best he can the portion of the question(s) that seem the most significant. He will let you know how much time it might take to answer the other parts of the question(s). You can then determine if you wish to purchase another e-mail consultation or not.
- Please keep in mind that Dr. Sterling cannot generally engage in making a diagnosis by e-mail since making a diagnosis requires gathering a large amount of information and assessing many factors and it implies a doctor-patient relationship.
- Long E-Mail Consultation (25-30 minutes - $100.00). Dr. Sterling recommends purchasing the Short E-Mail Consultation first. However, if you anticipate including a large amount of history and other information in your e-mail to Dr. Sterling, it may be cost-effective to purchase the Long E-Mail Consultation. One way you can determine which e-mail service to purchase is to compose and read your e-mail before ordering. If it takes about 10 minutes to read your e-mail to Dr. Sterling, you can be assured that Dr. Sterling's time to respond will be longer than 20 minutes.
- E-Mail Service Ordering Buttons are at the bottom of this page. Between here and the bottom of this page, you will find our Recommendations Regarding Secure E-mail and our Terms of Service.
- You will be agreeing to the Terms of Service found on this page by clicking on any of the E-Mail Service Order Buttons at the bottom of this page. Please read the Terms of Service carefully before clicking on an Order Button.
- We recommend printing this page for reference.
We Recommend Obtaining a Secure E-Mail Address.
- Before purchasing any services online from Dr. Sterling, please be sure you have an e-mail address at which you are comfortable receiving receipts that will contain the following or very similar information: nbsp;(1) "ORDER DESCRIPTION: E-Mail Consultation," and (2) "Merchant: Ron Sterling, M.D." The receipt will also contain the amount paid and what type of credit card was used.
- You can establish free, "independent," e-mail addresses just about anywhere these days.
We Use PayPal for Processing Payments. You do Not Have to Be a PayPal Member.
How Soon Can You Expect a Response to Your Purchased E-Mail Service?
Before Sending E-Mail Question(s) and Information, Please Order and Pay.
Dr. Sterling is generally able to give a relevant response to your purchased e-mail question(s) and concern(s) within 8-24 hours of his receipt of your e-mail containing the question(s) and concern(s).
Dr. Sterling guarantees a relevant response to your purchased e-mail question(s) and concern(s) within 72 hours of receipt of your e-mail containing the Reference # (Order ID) and your question(s) and concern(s). This time period limitation includes weekends. If Dr. Sterling does not respond within said 72 hours, you may request a full refund. This constitutes the only basis for a refund request.
- All refunds will be made by personal check drawn on Dr. Sterling's account and sent by regular mail, or such refunds can be made by sending money through PayPal.
- Refund checks are made payable to the purchaser of services shown on the credit card transaction page, are sent by regular mail to the address shown on the credit card transaction page, and are sent within 20 business days of receipt of a request for such refund.
- You must order and pay for E-Mail services in advance. If, for some reason, Dr. Sterling does not send an e-mail with his response to the e-mail address you have provided to him within 72 hours of his receipt of your e-mail information, question(s) and Reference # (Order ID), you may request a refund as noted above.
- You must provide a valid e-mail address when you order and pay for services. A valid e-mail address must contain the correct user name, the @ symbol, and the domain name: Example - email@example.com.
- Without a valid and correct e-mail address, Dr. Sterling cannot respond or, if the address is incorrect, such response will not be received by the purchaser of services and confidential information could be disclosed.
- You must enter the Reference # (Order ID number) in your e-mail to Dr. Sterling.
- Dr. Sterling cannot respond to e-mail questions that do not contain the Reference # (Order ID number).
You Must Agree to the Following Terms of Service ("TOS").
By clicking on an Order Button located at the bottom of this E-Mail Services Order Page and following through with a purchase of services, I irrevocably agree to each and every statement below:
- I am 18 years old or older.
- I have Refreshed the View of this page to insure that I am viewing the very latest version of these Terms of Service.
- I am purchasing an E-mail Information Service from Ron Sterling, M.D ("Dr. Sterling"), who is licensed to practice medicine in the State of Washington, U.S.A.
- I am not purchasing E-Mailed Information from Dr. Sterling as part of an ongoing consultation or to establish a patient-doctor relationship.
- If I wish to enter into Ongoing E-Mail Counseling and I have already corresponded with Dr. Sterling, I understand I should go to the Ongoing E-Mail Counseling Page to purchase such services.
- I understand that before I can enter into a patient-doctor relationship with Dr. Sterling, I would be required to agree to the specific terms of one of the Agreements found on the Ongoing E-Mail Counseling, Internet Chat Counseling, or Telephone Counseling pages of DearShrink.com. In addition, I would need to provide Dr. Sterling with comprehensive medical information about myself and be a resident of or visiting within the State of Washington.
- The E-Mail Service I am purchasing is for the purpose of obtaining health care information, relationship, or social interaction advice of a general nature and it is clear to me that it is not meant to be a substitute for in-person counseling.
- I agree that my use of any information communicated to me by Dr. Sterling pursuant to this purchase of services is entirely at my own risk. Any action or decision I make following the receipt of the service purchased hereby is done by my own free will, at my own risk, and with my own responsibility.
- I have no intention of harming or killing myself or harming or killing any other person or animal.
- If I am overwhelmed by the circumstances of my life, or if I am thinking about abusing animals or people, or harming or killing myself or any other person, I agree to immediately use a telephone and seek help by calling 911 or 1-800-SUICIDE.
- I agree that Dr. Sterling cannot be held responsible for breaches of confidentiality that may occur due to (a) my use of a wireless connection to the Internet, (b) my choice not to use a recommended secure e-mail service, (c) my failure to provide a correct and valid e-mail address for myself, (d) my failure to keep secure and confidential any copies I keep of receipts, account statements, or e-mails, (e) illegal hacking, and (f) hardware, software and other Internet service provider errors outside the control of myself or Dr. Sterling.
- Even though the service I am purchasing from Dr. Sterling at this time is for information and educational purposes only, I understand that any claim connected to the purchase or provision of this service will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington.
- No information or data that I disclose pursuant to this purchase of services will be disclosed to any other person or entity except in the following circumstances:
- Upon delivery to Dr. Sterling of my written, witnessed, original, signed authorization to release medical information;
- Upon my own indication or implication that I (i) intend to harm myself or some other person; (ii) have caused or am causing child abuse; (iii) have caused or am causing abuse of an elder; (iv) have committed a previously unreported felony crime, and/or (iv) am gravely disabled.
- If information is requested by court order or subpoena; and
- To assist relevant personnel in the event of a medical emergency.
- I possess an e-mail address which I will provide to Dr. Sterling at which I agree to receive receipts that will contain the following or very similar information: (1) "ORDER DESCRIPTION: E-Mail Consultation," and (2) "Merchant: Ron Sterling, M.D." The receipt will also contain the amount paid and what type of credit card was used. I agree to the disclosure of such information to the e-mail address I provide, and I understand that such information may be considered confidential.
- I agree to the disclosure of the words "Ron Sterling, M.D." and "E-Mail Consultation" or such similar words in the text of the credit card account statement mailed or otherwise delivered to me by the credit card company with whom I maintain an account with which I will purchase said service from Dr. Sterling.
- I understand that e-mail responses from Dr. Sterling will contain the following notice: "This e-mail contains confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please do not read it and please delete it immediately."
- I accept that Dr. Sterling will reply to my e-mail to him by utilizing the "Reply To" button and that he will not attempt to retype an e-mail address found further down in an e-mail.
- I understand and accept that Dr. Sterling will not open any attachments or click on any hyperlinks found in any e-mail I send to him and I agree not to send any attachments or include hyperlinks in my e-mail to him.
- I understand and accept that Dr. Sterling, pursuant to relevant laws, must use his best efforts to keep records of all services he provides no matter how brief, and that he will use his best efforts to keep printed copies of all transactions and correspondence between him and myself. I agree that the fact that Dr. Sterling is required to keep such records, or keeps such records, does not, in, and of itself, establish a doctor-patient relationship.
- I may be entitled to a refund of the purchase price of this service if Dr. Sterling does not respond within 72 hours of his receipt of my e-mail to him containing questions and the Reference # (Order ID number) of my order. This constitutes the only basis for a refund request.
- I accept that refund checks will be made payable to the purchaser of services shown on the PayPal receipt, will be sent to the address shown on that receipt, or will be sent through PayPal is requested. In any event, refunds will be sent by regular mail or through PayPal within 20 business days of receipt of a request for such refund.
- I accept that Ron Sterling, M.D., reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, whatsoever, without any advance notice and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon the posting of such modified terms and conditions on this page. I agree to refresh this page before proceeding to insure that I am viewing the very latest version of these Terms of Service.
Credit and Debit Card Payment
for Fees is Temporarily Unavailable
as We Search for a
New Merchant Services Provider
-- Updated June 18, 2016 --
Are You Ready to Order? Click on the Appropriate Order Button Below.
After you click on an Order Button, you will receive a secure web page from PayPal where you can enter your credit card information. You will receive a second page so that you can review your information before submitting the purchase for processing. After processing the information, you will receive a transaction approval or disapproval page. Occasionally, you may receive an error message.
- Please Note: By clicking on an Order Button and following through with a purchase of services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service found in the Terms of Service section immediately above.
- Thank you again for your consideration!
If you wish to order a Short E-Mail Consultation (15-20 minutes of Dr. Sterling's time), click on the button below. The fee is $60.00 USD.
If you wish to order a Long E-Mail Consultation (25-30 minutes of Dr. Sterling's time), click on the button below. The fee is $100.00 USD.
[ Home ] [ What's New ] [
Site Index ] [ Mission ] [ Our Services ] [ Dr. Sterling's Biography ]
[ Adult Attention Deficit Disorder ] [ Geriatric Psychiatry ] [ Online Therapy ] [ Advice ] [ Wellness ]
[ Shrink Watch ] [ Drug Watch ] [ Media Watch ] [ Law Watch ] [ Support ] [ Activism ]
[ Humor ] [ Health Care Links ] [ General Links ] [ Reviews ]
[ Legal Notices ] [ Privacy ] [ Contact Us ]
[ Politics ] [ Style ]
Send E-Mail to Dr. Sterling
Copyright 2000-2015 Ron Sterling, M.D.
All Rights Reserved.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Statement