E-mail Reminders and Contact Information
WHAT METHOD SHOULD YOU USE TO E-MAIL DR. STERLING?
-- Updated August 15, 2013 --
Dr. Sterling Does Not Provide Emergency Services.
- Please call 911 if you think you need emergency medical attention.
Do not hesitate.
- Another source for mental health crisis assistance in King County is to dial 211 or the 24-hour Crisis Hotline at 866-427-4747. The Seattle Crisis Clinic also has a Crisis Clinic Web page.
- If you are having serious suicidal or homicidal thoughts, you need help immediately. Get off the computer and get on the phone.
- You can call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) from anywhere in the United States for help.
Things to Remember When E-Mailing Questions to Dr. Sterling.
You may e-mail your questions to Dr. Sterling, but please keep in mind that Dr. Sterling cannot guarantee a personal response to your e-mailed questions unless you have purchased a service from him through his Caring Online Therapy Web site or you are in the process of setting up appointments with him.
E-Mail Us from Shared Hardware, Work Sites or via Wireless Connections?
Any questions sent to Dr. Sterling that are not part of a purchased service from Dr. Sterling may receive an answer or may be used for publication on Dr. Sterling's Web sites as part of his advice columns. All identifying information will be removed and, as described in our Legal Notices, such questions may be edited for publication purposes.
All e-mail sent to Dr. Sterling is read only by Dr. Sterling and all e-mail is treated with the utmost confidentiality and respect.
Thank you for thinking about contacting us! Before you e-mail us, please consider the following privacy concerns.
- If you are not utilizing a wireless modem or connection, or you are not e-mailing us from a work site, or using shared hardware or software, or if you have no privacy concerns about your e-mail to us, you may consider writing to us by simply .
- If you are using a wireless modem or network, please keep in mind that unless you have clearly made provisions to secure such connections, you can assume you have no privacy when using them.
If You Have E-Mail Privacy Concerns, Please Continue Reading.
We do not want to slow down or discourage your communication with us, but we would like you to consider the following items:
- Some employers may have policies prohibiting personal use of their computer hardware and/or software.
- If you are not breaking a workplace policy by e-mailing us and your communication to us will not contain sensitive personal information about yourself or any other person, you may consider writing to us by simply .
- Employers essentially own all communications that reside on their hardware. Thus, any e-mail you send from your employer's e-mail address can be assumed to be non-confidential.
- Significant others and children may have access to your communications if you share hardware and software.
- Wireless modems and networks are particularly vulnerable to hacking. Unless you have made specific security measures, you can assume you have no wireless privacy.
Only Dr. Sterling is Authorized to Read E-Mail.
Do You Wish to Establish a More Secure E-Mail Address?
- If you wish to establish a more secure method for e-mailing Dr. Sterling, please consider creating a more "independent" e-mail address at some other site than on home or work shared networks or hardware.
- If you desire to purchase e-mail, online chat or telephone consultation services from us (see our Online Counseling Page), we highly recommend that you use or establish an "independent," secure, e-mail address that you would be comfortable with for the purpose of sending and receiving confidential information.
- You can establish free, "independent," e-mail addresses just about anywhere these days. Because of that, we cannot recommend any particular e-mail service. Unfortunately, most of the free e-mail services have received low user ratings. Yahoo mail (yahoo.com) and Microsoft account (Outlook, live.com) are popular choices.
Thank You for Stopping By!
-- Best wishes, Dr. Sterling
[ Home ] [ What's New ] [
Site Index ] [ Mission ] [ Our Services ] [ Dr. Sterling's Biography ]
[ Adult Attention Deficit Disorder ] [ Geriatric Psychiatry ] [ Online Therapy ] [ Advice ] [ Wellness ]
[ Shrink Watch ] [ Drug Watch ] [ Media Watch ] [ Law Watch ] [ Support ] [ Calendars ]
[ Humor ] [ Health Care Links ] [ General Links ] [ Reviews ] [ Fine Photography ]
[ Search ] [ Legal Notices ] [ Privacy ] [ Contact Us ] [ Politics ] [ Style ]
Phone: 206-784-7842 Fax: None
Send E-Mail to Dr. Sterling
Copyright 2000-2013. Ron Sterling, M.D.
All Rights Reserved.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Statement