ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ABOUT SEX, SEXUALITY AND SENSUALITY
- Updated January 10, 2004 -
PARENTAL PERMISSION REQUIRED!
Welcome to ErosGuru.com!
Welcome to ErosGuru.com, a division of DearShrink.com. DearShrink is an Internet Mental Health Center hosted by Ron Sterling, M.D., a General and Geriatric Psychiatrist who also specializes in Adolescent and Family Therapy.
Yes, Dr. Sterling has been called the "Dear Abby" of Internet psychiatry, but that doesn't mean he is just older and wiser; he is also caring and funny and talks about sex. The latest ErosGuru answer to a question about sex can be found further below. Just type ErosGuru.com to find us again, or bookmark us.
We invite you to tour this page of sex advice and links and to explore the rest of the DearShrink site. DearShrink is filled with information, answers to questions, and rapid ways for obtaining services from Dr. Sterling in person, by phone, by Internet chat, or by e-mail. Click on the About Us button to get more details or call Dr. Sterling at 206-784-7842 to discuss his services.
Other Advice destinations at DearShrink include: PsychAnswers.net, where Dr. Sterling posts advice and information about mental health, psychiatry, and counseling; SeniorMentalHealth.org, where Dr. Sterling provides information and answers to questions about senior mental health and caregiver concerns; DateGuru.com, where you can find links and answers to questions about dating and developing relationships as a single person; and, MateGuru.com, for links and advice about partner, parenting, and family matters.
To find out What is New at DearShrink, go to our What's New page. To get an index of pages available at DearShrink, go to our Site Index page.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!
March was Vulvar Health Awareness and Women's History Month!
The Latest ErosGuru Answer to a Reader Question.
- VulvarHealth.org reminded us that March was Vulvar Health Awareness Month. We will continue to spotlight this link for its comprehensive information about vulvar self-exams and vulvar health and illness. Don't know what "vulvar health" is? Go to VulvarHealth.org to find out.
- Or, check out All About My Vagina, a very hip and informed Web site maintained by one very hard-working Web mistress.
- March was also Women's History Month! Please go to our General Links page to find links to Women's History sites and information. March may be gone, but we will keep Women's History links available for your reference.
Go to Wishing for Better Sex to read Dr. Sterling's answer to a reader who wants to know which antidepressant causes the least sexual side effects.
Archived ErosGuru Answers.
Click Here to view ErosGuru archived questions, answers, and links indexed by subject matter.
Looking for Sex, Sexuality, and Sensuality Links?
Click Eros Links to view a list of links on this page that will connect you to sex information, sex advice, sexuality and sensuality Web sites. All links will open in a new window.
Psych Soapbox is Here!
Go to Psych Soapbox to read Love Potion 2002 about the true meaning of love, according to Dr. Ron. This is the first article written for PsychSoapbox.com where Dr. Sterling posts opinion articles about matters related to psychiatry -- society, culture, manners, and mental health care.
Want Links to Valentine's Day Web Sites?
We have archived the links to Valentine's Day and Anti-Valentine's Day Web sites that we posted in late January 2001 and in February 2002. To view those links, please go to our DateGuru Archives.
Would You Like Online or Telephone Support and Counseling?
- Online Sex and Relationship Advice and Counseling: Dr. Sterling offers online and telephone counseling for your sexual and relationship concerns and questions. Please click on this Online Help link to go to Dr. Sterling's web page which gives information about online and telephone counseling and how to purchase it.
- Dr. Sterling Has 30 Years of Counseling Experience. Dr. Sterling has been around, but that doesn't make him just older and wiser. He has been married; he has been divorced. He knows a lot about the highs and lows of married and single life and the sexual issues that can challenge us. His experiences and training give him a balanced perspective that could be called younger and more creative. Dr. Sterling is a caring healthcare provider and advisor who makes a strong commitment to his clients, and who has a sense of humor. For more information about Dr. Sterling, please go to his Biography Page.
Links to General Sensuality, Sexuality and Sex Education Web Sites.
All links will open in a new window.
- Healthy Sexuality at MSN WebMD is a great site for lengthy, well-written, more biologically-oriented articles on selected sexual matters.
- The About.com Sexuality Site is hosted by Anne Semans. Anne has spent close to twenty years educating people about sex, through her books and her work with two major womenís sex shops, Good Vibrations and Libida.com.
- Salon Magazine, the Web zine we all have come to love and cherish (we have, haven't we?), has the best writing around, period. Check their Sex Page which covers almost everything. This is not a library of sex, or a sex education site, but a site for truly appreciating and thinking about the many aspects of sexuality in our culture and ourselves.
- Nerve.com's Web site is something sensual to behold. This could be DearShrink's favorite sensuality site. Advertising themselves as a "Community of Thoughtful Hedonists," this magazine and Web site feature great writing. However, the emphasis in the photo galleries is still somewhat traditionally on the female form. In a sense, Nerve.com's Web zine could be viewed as taking Salon.com's Sex Page and making it into a standalone magazine.
- Sexuality.org is Seattle's very own sexuality site. The Society for Human Sexuality headquartered in Seattle, Washington, sponsors this site. The emphasis is on fun, diversity, education and interaction. It has something for everyone, but the focus is a bit more for single people and "alternative" styles. The links page is especially interesting.
- Go Ask Alice!, a service of Columbia University,n has sex and sexuality question and answer pages which are a delight. Check them out.
Links to Specific Subject Matter Sex Education Web Sites.
All links will open in a new window.
Seeking Answers to General Questions About Mental Health Care?
Psych Answers is the Web site where Dr. Sterling posts links and answers to questions about mental health, medications, psychiatry and psychotherapy.
Want Dating Advice?
The DateGuru Web site is where Dr. Sterling posts links and answers to questions about dating and developing relationships as a single person.
Want Mate Advice?
The MateGuru Web site is where Dr. Sterling posts links and answers to questions about partner, marital, parenting, and family matters.
Want Advice About Senior Mental Health?
Are the ErosGuru Banner and Graphic Enhancements Showing?
Occasionally, you may arrive here from a Search Engine and not receive the whole ErosGuru page. If you wish to view the ErosGuru Banner and Navigation Buttons, Click Here.
Thanks for Stopping By!
Thank you so much for visiting ErosGuru.com. We invite you to come back often for updated information and links. Have a great day!