We Recommend the 800 by 600 Pixel View.
Most up-to-date publication and commercial Web sites
use pages formatted to be viewed best at 800 x 600 pixels.
DO THE FOLLOWING TO CHANGE
YOUR DESKTOP AREA VIEW TO 800 x 600 PIXELS
For Windows 95, 98, 2000 and Windows NT Users
- Hold Down both the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) Keys at the same time. This will display your Start Menu.
- Choose the Settings item on the Menu.
- Choose the Control Panel menu.
- After the Control Panel menu is displayed, choose Display.
- When the Display Properties menu appears, click on the "Settings" tab generally found in the upper, right hand corner of the menu.
- When the Settings menu appears, look for the Desktop Area settings (it is generally found in the right hand, middle area of the Settings menu).
- Below the words "Desktop Area" there is a slider labeled "Less" on the left side, and "More" on the right side.
- If the slider is not already set at the "800 by 600" position, use your Mouse to slide the slider to the 800 by 600 position.
- After choosing the 800 by 600 position on the slider, we recommend using the Test button to test the setting. Some older video cards do not support the 800 by 600 view.
- If the Test is successful, then set the new setting by clicking on the "OK" button.
If you have been using a different Desktop Area setting than the 800 x 600 setting and you switch to the 800 x 600 view, the new setting can cause a rearrangement of Desktop Icons.