Answers to Reader Questions
-- Updated August 1, 2013 --
Welcome to PsychAnswers.net!
PsychAnswers.net is a division of DearShrink.com. DearShrink is an Internet Mental Health Center hosted by Ron Sterling, M.D., a General and Geriatric Psychiatrist who also specializes in psychotherapy and relationship and family therapy.
Dr. Sterling's Answers to Reader Questions.
On this page, you will find links to articles written by Dr. Sterling for his mental health and good manners advice columns.
Yes, Dr. Sterling has been called the "Dear Abby" of Internet psychiatry, but that doesn't mean he is just older and wiser; he is also caring and funny.
We invite you to tour this page of links to mental health advice articles and links and to explore the rest of the DearShrink site. DearShrink is filled with information, answers to questions, and rapid ways for obtaining services from Dr. Sterling in person, by phone, or by e-mail. Click on the Services button to get more details or call Dr. Sterling at 206-784-7842 to discuss his services.
To find out What is New at DearShrink, go to our What's New page. To get an index of pages available at DearShrink, go to our Site Index page.
Dr. Sterling offers the following Web sites and Web pages on which he has posted answers to reader questions:
Submit Questions About Mental Health, Psychiatry and Psychotherapy?
- AdultADDFacts.com -- this site is an outgrowth of Dr. Sterling's continuing focus on assisting adults with the diagnosis and treatment of Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. You may think the diagnosis is a "fad," but it is not. Despite all the advertising, which could be interpreted as "pushing" a product, adult attention deficit disorder has historically been underdiagnosed.
- All About Depression web page -- this site is an outgrowth of several articles that Dr. Sterling has written about depression over the past five years.
- All About Psychotherapy Web site -- original content about psychotherapy.
- All About Grief Web site -- original content about grief, and the grieving process.
- All About Forgiveness Web site -- original content about interpersonal forgiveness.
- The Aging Brain Web Page -- original content about the phases the brain goes through during life, and articles about melatonin, exercise, and adult attention deficit disorder.
- Mind Matters -- Award-winning, recurring monthly mental health advice column written for a Seattle older adult magazine, Northwest Prime Time.
- Doctor Debug -- was a recurring column originally written for Tekbug, a technology and lifestyle magazine published in Seattle. Tekbug died. Doctor Debug was then published in a Montana bi-monthly health magazine. Doctor Debug has been retired, but archived articles are available.
- Mental Wellness Web site -- original content about the principles of mental wellness.
- Other Web pages at DearShrink.com that contain original content include What About the Words "Shrink" and "Client?" and All About Freud (and Others)
Looking for Mental Health Care Links?
- Go to our Health Links Page page to view a list of mental health Web site links.
- Go to our General Links Page to view a large list of links organized around National Health Observances. May is always Mental Health Awareness Month.
- Go to our Medication Information Page to view a list of links to Web sites devoted to information about medications, including continuous-feed scientific information on medications and medication advocacy organizations.
- Go to our Support Resources Page to view a list of links to local and national support and advocacy organizations.
Would You Like to Schedule an Appointment With Dr. Sterling?
- Office Appointments are Available. Dr. Sterling has appointments available at his Bellevue Office. Feel free to call Dr. Sterling at 206-784-7842. You will often reach him directly.
Would You Like Online or Telephone Support and Counseling?
- Online and Telephone Counseling is Available. Dr. Sterling offers e-mail and telephone counseling for your personal growth, relationship, and mental health concerns and questions. Check the Online Help page to read more about Dr. Sterling's online and telephone services and how to purchase them.
- Dr. Sterling Has 40 Years of Medical and Counseling Experience. Dr. Sterling has been around, but that doesn't make him just older and wiser. He works hard at staying informed. He works hard on his own personal growth. He enjoys challenges and making contributions to his community. This attitude combined with his training allows him to be a caring healthcare provider and advisor with a sense of perspective, humor, and commitment to his clients. For more information about Dr. Sterling and his mission, please go to his Biography Page.
Thank You for Stopping By!
-- Best wishes, Dr. Sterling
[ Home ] [ What's New ] [
Site Index ] [ Mission ] [ Our Services ] [ Dr. Sterling's Biography ]
[ Adult Attention Deficit Disorder ] [ Geriatric Psychiatry ] [ Online Therapy ] [ Advice ] [ Wellness ]
[ Shrink Watch ] [ Drug Watch ] [ Media Watch ] [ Law Watch ] [ Support ] [ Activism ]
[ Humor ] [ Health Care Links ] [ General Links ] [ Reviews ]
[ Legal Notices ] [ Privacy ] [ Contact Us ]
[ Politics ] [ Style ]
Send E-Mail to Dr. Sterling
Copyright 2000-2013. Ron Sterling, M.D.
All Rights Reserved.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Statement