PSYCHIATRY ASSOCIATION, UNIVERSITY, INDIVIDUAL PRACTITIONER & RESOURCE WEB SITES
-- Retired Page November 20, 2012 --
Welcome! Or, Welcome Back!
Thank you for stopping by! This page was a subdivision of DearShrink.com for 12 years. It has been retired and has not been updated since 2010. However, many of the links are still available, and we decided to leave this as an archived page for the time being.
As noted on the Home Page of DearShrink.com, Dr. Sterling's current and far future mission is to dedicate as much time as he can to reading primary research literature with respect to the neurobiology of the ADD and the non-ADD brain and to communicate the knowledge he gathers to his readers.
Want to be a Mental Health Care Activist?
New Local NAMI Publications and Calendars!
Links to Support Groups.
- NAMI Greater Seattle Chapter publishes an excellent bi-monthly newsletter called Spotlight. Past and current issues of Spotlight are available online as Adobe Acrobat .pdf files. Spotlight is a great resource for information and contains updates about meetings and educational forums.
- NAMI Eastside publishes an excellent bi-monthly newsletter called NAMI Eastside News. Although it is not available online at this time, you can get information about how to have it mailed to you at the NAMI Eastside Web site.
To view an extensive list of links to other support groups and mental health care consumer resources, please go to our Support Groups Web page.
The Washington State Psychiatric Association (WSPA).
NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrists.
Many advocates have been honored by the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill and the National Mental Health Association, including exemplary awards from NAMI to psychiatrists. Here are links to a few of the honored advocates.
Mental Health News from Psychiatric News.
Psychiatric News is the twice-a-month trade journal of the American Psychiatric Association. The journal is not a scientific publication and does not contain large amounts of technical language.
Mental Health News from The Psychiatric Times.
The Psychiatric Times is a monthly trade journal of psychiatry published in Irvine, California. The abbreviated but still extensive online edition contains articles primarily geared to the professional provider of mental health care services. However, the journal is not a scientific publication and does not contain large amounts of technical language.
Mental Health News from Clinical Psychiatry News.
Clinical Psychiatry News is a monthly trade journal of psychiatry. The abbreviated but still extensive online edition contains articles primarily geared to the professional provider of mental health care services. However, the journal is not a scientific publication and does not contain large amounts of technical language. You will be required to register to gain access to the online version of the publication.
Continuously Updated Psychology News and Articles from MagPortal.com.
If you go to our Psychology News page from MagPortal.com, you will receive a list of about 10 current Psychology News items and articles compiled by MagPortal.com. The MagPortal articles generally do not contain large amounts of scientific terminology.
Continuously Updated Psychiatry News from Doctor's Guide.
If you go to our Psychiatry News page from Doctor's Guide, you will receive a list of 15 current Psychiatry News items compiled by DocGuide.com. Please note that these news items often contain a large amount of scientific and medical terminology.
Washington State Counseling and Mental Health Care Provider Associations.
The Washington State Medical Association (WSMA).
Links to University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry.
Links to Psychiatric Association Web Sites.
- United States National Organization Sites.
- Canadian Association Sites.
- United States APA Branch Sites.
Links to Psychiatric Association Newsletter Sites.
- United States National Organization Newsletters.
- Psychiatric News, the American Psychiatric Association newsletter, Washington, D.C.
- Canadian Association Newsletters.
- The News Bulletin from the Canadian Psychiatric Association, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- United States APA Branch Newsletters.
Check back often for further updates and additions to these links.
Links to Individual U.S. Psychiatrist Web Sites by State.
- Washington State.
Check back often for further updates and additions to these links.
- H. Berryman Edwards, M.D., of Bellevue, Washington, maintains, authors, and hosts his own and other provider and organizational Web sites at Behavenet.com®.
- C. Donald Williams, M.D., C.G.P., of Yakima, Washington, maintains his practice Web site at CDonaldWilliamsMD.com which also contains several articles on corporate issues, disability, and disability assessment.
Best Practices - Links to Best Pratice Guidelines.
- Expert Consensus Guidelines is psychiatric treatment guidelines for the most difficult questions facing clinicians and is full of useful and frequently updated information.
King County, Washington, and Washington State Health Care Links.
- Crisis Clinic Web Site, Seattle and King County, Washington.
- Department of Community and Human Services, King County, Washington.
- Mental Health Services, King County, Washington.
- Chemical Abuse and Dependency Services Overview, King County, Washington.
- Dutch Shisler Sobering Support Center, King County, Washington.
- Health Resources Page at Washington State Government Access Site.
- Department of Social and Health Services at Washington State Government Access Site.
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Main Page.
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) Alphabetical Index.
Budgets Page -- Department of Social and Health Services.
- Mental Health Division Web site. The Division's Web site contains everything from information about advance directives to strategic plans.
- 2003 Washington State Mental Health Planning and Advisory Council Brochure (a two-page Adobe Acrobat file).
- Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse (DASA) Main Page.
- DASA Site Map.
- DASA Strategic Plan.
- Citizens Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction (CAC) Main Page.
- The latest Washington State Chemical Dependency Newsletter, Focus, is available as a PDF file (Adobe Acrobat document) at the Department of Social and Health Services Focus web page.
- Children's Administration Web Site.
- Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration Web Site.
- Aging and Disability Services Administration Division Web Site.
- Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Web Site.
- Division of Developmental Disabilities Web Site.
- Economic Services Administration Web Site.
- Medical Assistance Administration Web Site.
Online Support Groups.
- PsychForums.com -- "These forums are the support forums of the Mental Health Matters user community. We have a forum dedicated to each Disorder as well as other important issues"
- Dr. Grohol's Resource page has a very extensive list of online support groups and other mental health resources.
Thank You for Stopping By!
-- Best wishes, Dr. Sterling
[ Home ] [ What's New ] [
Site Index ] [ Mission ] [ Our Services ] [ Dr. Sterling's Biography ]
[ Online Therapy ] [ Geriatric Psychiatry ] [ Answers to Questions ] [ Reflections ] [ Wellness ]
[ Shrink Watch ] [ Drug Watch ] [ Media Watch ] [ Law Watch ] [ Support ] [ Activism ]
[ Humor ] [ Health Care Links ] [ General Links ] [ Reviews ]
[ Legal Notices ] [ Privacy ] [ Contact Us ] [ The Dopamine Paradox ] [ Think Twice About ADD ]
Send E-Mail to Dr. Sterling
Copyright 2000-2015. Ron Sterling, M.D.
All Rights Reserved.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Statement